Old North End Neighborhood
The Old North End Neighborhood (Colorado Springs, CO) has been established to preserve, protect, and enhance the neighborhood. It works to achieve this mission by:
- Identifying, preserving, and celebrating historic homes and other features of the neighborhood;
- Offering educational programs and preservation assistance to home owners;
- Developing and offering community-building activities;
- Preserving and improving the streetscape of the neighborhood, particularly the historic medians, parkways, and their canopy trees;
- Improving safety and living conditions;
- Monitoring building and renovations within the neighborhood, and assisting the City with the enforcement of zoning codes;
- Cooperating with educational institutions in, near, and/or serving the neighborhood;
- Providing communications vehicles, such as committee meetings, annual neighborhood meetings, newsletters, e-mails, and website which enhance the mission and interactions among residents.
Pikes Peak Library District
PPLD Digital Collections feature historic photographs, pamphlets, manuscripts, maps, audio oral histories, films and more that highlight the history of the Pikes Peak area. The materials come from the Special Collections of the Pikes Peak Library District, housed in the 1905 Carnegie Library in downtown Colorado Springs. The Digital Collections are created to provide access to unique and valuable research materials that illuminate the history of the Pikes Peak region.
Founded in 2011 by wife and wife team Arley-Rose Torsone and Morgan Calderini, Ladyfingers Letterpress has established itself as an award-winning invitation and international stationery brand.
Garnering 13 Louie Awards over 4 years–including the 2015 Card of the Year Award and the Award for Print and Production Excellence for four consecutive years–Ladyfingers Letterpress is known worldwide for its visionary and playful approach to stationery and paper goods.
In 2016, Ladyfingers Letterpress opened their Flagship Store in Colorado Springs, CO, a post from which they also design and produce their line of letterpress gifts and stationery. Stop by to take a class in letterpress or hand-lettering, or simply browse the retail store filled with work from your favorite local and nationally-recognized artists.
Colorado Springs Forestry Services
The City Forester is responsible for the maintenance and management of trees in parks and along streets in the public rights-of-way. The assistance of adjacent homeowners is needed for watering, fertilizing and mulching trees on public property.
For more information, please report a city tree problem here: city tree inspection form or call City Forestry at (719) 385-5942 and leave a message with your name, address and phone number.
Colorado Springs Utilities
Although Saturday, April 22 is Earth Day, we work every day to be responsible environmental stewards.